- This event has passed.
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers Meeting – Northeast, SK
March 2 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers invites you to join us for the 2023 Half-Day Winter Pulse Meeting at the Kerry Vickar Centre in Melfort, SK. To register, click on the website link below. Pre-registration is encouraged, but not required.
- 9:45 AM | Registration opens
- 10:00 AM | Opening Remarks & Introductions
- 10:10 AM | Agronomic Lookback & Outlook – Meagen Reed, Agronomy Manager, SPG
- 10:30 AM | Right Genetics, Right Place: RVT Portal & the Pulse Quality Program – Meagen Reed, Agronomy Manager, SPG
- 10:50 AM | Aphids in Faba Beans – Dr. Sean Prager, Department of Plant Science, University of Saskatchewan
- 11:20 AM | Phosphate Study – Blake Weiseth, Applied Research Lead, Glacier Farm Media Discovery Farm
- 11:50 PM | Lunch
- 12:25 PM | Root Rots: Current Situation & SPG Investments – Dr. Michelle Hubbard, Research Scientist, Pulse Pathology, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 1:10 PM | Novel Pulse Crops: A Pulse for Every Acre & Opportunities – Robin Lokken, General Manager, Conservation Learning Centre
- 1:25 PM | Faba Beans: Research, Agronomy, & Opportunities – Dale Risula
- 1:45 PM | Pulse Market Outlook – Marlene Boersch, Owner & Managing Partner, Mercantile Consulting Venture Inc.
- 2:25 PM | Closing Remarks