We’re looking to hire Truck Drivers that are interested conducting short hauls within Saskatchewan and having a high earning potential.
Contract Length or Start Date
We are looking for both full time and seasonal truck drivers. Both positions can start as soon as possible. Seasonal drivers would be required to work May and June with potential for work in the fall as well.
This position is paid hourly at a competitive rate. In spring, the workload will exceed 40 hours/week to which the employee will be given overtime pay.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Transport fertilizer by semi or super B’s to Horizon yards and to customers.
- Transport chemical to Horizon yards and to customers.
- Ensure all checklists are followed and completed.
- Ensure the truck is maintained as per the schedule.
- Ensure the truck is maintained and ready for use on a daily basis.
- Maintaining accurate driver logs.
- Maintain a log of problems and/or issues that require fixing.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and unit.
- Ensure customers are greeted in a friendly, respectful manner.
- Always be respectful of a customers’ property.
- Ensure procedures are followed to minimize or prevent inventory losses.
- Be familiar and follow all safety procedures and protocols.
- Ensure the truck is serviced and maintained with help from the shop technicians as required.
Horizon Team Member
- Contribute to and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Keep and maintain confidentiality of all customers and Horizon business.
- Ensure all licenses are up to date and in compliance with provincial and municipal regulations.
- Be mindful and eliminate any unnecessary expenses for the business.
- Look for ways to help Horizon Fertilizers be more profitable, even small things.
- Help with any special projects as required.
- Attend and contribute to community activities when appropriate.
- Pleasantly greet customers and suppliers.
- Fill in for all roles when needed with appropriate skills and talents.
- Support safety practices and initiatives as set by safety officer and ensure safe driving habits.
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all staff, customers, suppliers, and community.
As a team member at Horizon Fertilizers, you will receive a semi truck and trailers for work use. Training and personal protective equipment will also be provided as needed.
A valid class 1A driver’s license that is in good standing is a requirement. Certifications such as TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods), WHIMS, and First Aid are not required but considered an asset. If the applicant does not have these certifications, Horizon Fertilizers will ensure the employee is properly trained on the job. The applicant must also be able to lift 50lbs as lifting and manual labor may be required in certain circumstances.
Applicants must already have a legal work permit for Canada or be a citizen.
Our office is in Humboldt, Saskatchewan. Applicants are not required to live in Humboldt, but within commutable distance.