Humboldt Summer Student
We’re looking to hire a summer student that is interested in learning about ag retail, working hard, and having a high earning potential. The aim of the position is to help support customers and location staff through seamless delivery of service.
The minimum contract length is 3 months (May, June, and July), with the option to start prior to May and extend into August if the employee desires.
This position is paid hourly at a competitive rate. At times, the workload will exceed 40 hours/week to which the employee will be given overtime pay.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Blend fertilizer for customers
- Assist with the coordination and execution of product movement
- Assist with loading and unloading product for customers or from suppliers
- Help deliver fertilizer and chemical when required
- Execute inventory counts
Agronomy Support (Optional)
- Assist the sales agronomists to deliver agronomy services to the location
- Attend local information meetings and in-season tours
- Learn and understand the products and services Horizon provides
- Build confidence and experience in technical skills
- Promote agronomy services for customers (ie. Crop scouting, soil sampling, etc)
- Put out field signs for Horizon and our business partners to create awareness and promote Horizon and the companies we support
- Assist with the summer yard duties ensuring that yard is clean
- Ensure customers are greeted in a friendly, respectful manner and have an enjoyable experience at our business
Horizon Team Member
- Contribute to and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Work to eliminate swearing and gossip in the workplace
- Keep and maintain confidentiality of all customers and Horizon business
- Ensure all licenses are up to date and in compliance with provincial and municipal regulations
- Be mindful and eliminate any unnecessary expenses for the business
- Look for ways to help Horizon Fertilizers be more profitable, even small things
- Help with any special projects as required
- Be familiar with and live the values that are defined by Horizon Fertilizers
- Continually develop leadership and business skills
- Approve, attend and contribute to community activities when appropriate
- Pleasantly greet customers and suppliers
- Fill in for all roles when needed with appropriate skills and talents
- Support safety practices and initiatives as set by safety officer and ensure safe driving habits
- Maintain and tidy up office and yard
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all staff, customers, suppliers, and community
A valid class 5 driver’s license that is in good standing is a requirement. Certifications such as TDG, WHIMS, and forklift operators license are not required but considered an asset. If the applicant does not have these certifications, Horizon Fertilizers will ensure the employee is properly trained on the job. The applicant must also be able to lift 50lbs as lifting and manual labor is part of the position.
Our office is in Humboldt, Saskatchewan. Applicants are not required to live in Humboldt, but within commutable distance.
If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.